Insulate your crawl space or basement with termite-resistant Bora-Foam™ for energy savings and passive geothermal gain.
Enclosing crawl spaces and insulating basements are growing trends. If done properly by a professional, you can fix mold and moisture issues and reduce your carbon footprint—not to mention your heating and cooling bill.
Bora-Foam is the first termite-resistant, expanded polystyrene insulation designed for basements and enclosed crawl spaces.
Bora-Foam At a Glance
- Resistant to termite damage
- Vapor permeance ≤0.08
- Provides R-11 insulation
- Safe for handling and noncorrosive
- Puncture resistant
- Easy cut lines
- 3 mil poly on each side of board
- 3/4 cut & snap can create inspection flap
- Won’t cut your hands like foil products
- No itch from fiberglass
- Meets ICC ES AC239 requirements for termite resistance foam plastic
- Is suitable for use in all areas of termite risk
- 100% recyclable and made using 10%-15% recycled content
- Meets requirements of IBC Section 2603.8
- Meets requirements of IRC Section 320.5
How it Works
Insulation helps keep basements and crawl spaces dry, clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, insulations are susceptible to termite infestation and can trap moisture.
Termites love to live, work and eat in comfortable and protected surroundings. All untreated insulations can potentially provide this environment. Most of the U.S. is susceptible to termite activity. It is important that insulation products and systems account for the potential of termite infestation.
- Termites reduce insulation & system performance.
- Termites cause problems for structural systems.
- Costs to control termites can continue indefinitely.
Proven to Meet – or Exceed – Building Codes
Bora-Foam is manufactured to Quality Control Program standards monitored by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. and recognized by national building codes.
Bora-Foam manufacturers offer product warranties that ensure thermal performance, physical properties and termite resistance.
Bora-Foam has been evaluated for below-grade use by the ICC ES and meets ICC ES AC239 requirements. Please see ICC ES ESR-1006. Bora-Foam can stand up to all industry tests—and has. No other EPS can say that.
- Bora-Foam™ at 2.5" = R-11
- Core made from ICC-ES recognized EPS* see ESR-1006
- UL Classified for Surface Burning Characteristic see Cert. AFM 7
- UL Classified to meet ASTM C578 see Cert. AFM 1
- Termite resistant and meets ICC-ES AC239 see ESR-1006
- Bora-Foam Water Vapor Transmission not greater than 0.08 perm at 2.5" thickness
- Install per manufacturers specifications & Building Code requirements
* Flame retardants are used in the manufacture of EPS and provide an important margin of safety. However, EPS products must be considered combustible and not exposed to sources of ignition.