Cellutreat is a Diosodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate (DOT) wood preservative that is available in a 98% water soluble powder and a 50% liquid concentrate. Cellutreat is made from a natural mineral salt and is an EPA-registered, non-restricted use/general use preservative also standardized by the AWPA (P25). It can be applied to green wood prior to air seasoning by vacuum pressure, dip diffusion or spray.
- Use as part of a dual treatment
- Eliminates decay/stack burn during air seasoning
- Improves treatment and performance of QNAP or creosote ties
- Allows for QNAP or creosote retention reduction
- Eliminates corrosion-induced spike kill
- Helps prevent termite infestation (including Formosan) and termite movement in ties when shipped
- Borates are exempt from treated wood burn requirements